Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
to with why your you sell ssd not computer hdd or

Why not to sell you HDD or SSD with your computer
(02-26-2021, 06:20 AM)07101980 Wrote: Are the files still there if we do a low level format.
asking about information posted in OP.

unneccessary reply removed
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
@Lewis3545 These software are made to delete the data using some algorithms, but software are not perfect and forensics professionals are skilled. Depending on the importance of the disk, you could decide to just destroy it, in order to make the data inaccessible.
Portables and Repacks Workbench
DON'T SHARE MY LINKS OUTSIDE AiOWARES
PM ME FOR A RE-UPLOAD
(11-13-2019, 01:21 PM)MaskedUser Wrote: yes brother thatswhy always clean wipe to Zeros a HDD of SSD or Even a Pen/Flash Drive before selling them to others. Data is Recoverable as HDD or SSD has system volume restore information saved in it which can recover lots of important data via many recovery tools.

Im just in the process of using killdisk atm to do that very thing. Unless you recommend some other piece of software.
(03-12-2021, 10:18 PM)iamnuts Wrote: Im just in the process of using killdisk atm to do that very thing.

As has been pointed out in this thread, a skilled data recovery technician will be able to recover data that has been wiped by any tool. The best thing is to physically destroy the disk rather than use any software to erase it. Drill holes in it, hit it with a hammer, put it in the microwave - any of these things will do.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • MaskedUser, Skunk1966
@TanMan absolutely correct
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MaskedUser for this post:
  • TanMan
(02-21-2021, 09:26 AM)Tymerias Wrote: In other words. Just smash your old drives 1
Toss them in the microwave for a few secs!
I've liked a boot media called DBAN through the years.  It has the option for DOD approved wiping at least.

Code:
https://dban.org/
Rewriting hardisk again and formating will make deficult to retrieve data.
(05-12-2021, 05:59 PM)bituhitman11 Wrote: Rewriting hardisk again and formating will make deficult to retrieve data.
true for normal users using commercial recovery software but not if you know what you're doing and using professional software
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
(05-13-2021, 07:18 AM)Skunk1966 Wrote: but not if you know what you're doing and using professional software
What is 'the way' then?
I've been under impression that overwriting data with other data makes recovery impossible.