Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
windows antivirus the defender is 10 best

Windows Defender Is the Best Windows 10 Antivirus
Well, w10 defender is certainly great.. i simply added almost all my folders under the 'exception rules'... ! ^
To not slow down my pc im decide say to all antiviruss - NO

And check all files before run on virustotal
Eset Nod32 AV is very lightweight, never noticed any slowdown on my pc. Although I recommend Windows Defender since Win10 to family/friends when they want a free anti-virus.
KTS for me 1
(12-13-2021, 07:21 PM)LiNG Wrote: Cannot disable the scheduled scan  47
irrelevant reply (not mentioning favorite AV + reason why).
Reply removed
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
I was using Windows Defender mainly because it came with W11. Tried a free version of Bitdefender and like it much better then Windows Defender. I found that Bitdefender seemed to be catching things were not being caught with the Windows Defender.
Win defender is not perfect but it's light and does an ok job on the ratio detection/false positive.
After watching comparisons by The PC Security Channel on Youtube I went with Kaspersky. In a test against hundreds of malware samples it was either the best at the time.

The guy readies tons of malware in a folder and loads all of them by script. He checks to see if the malware activated and if it actually managed to encrypt his files.

He then turns off signature detection to see if the AV program can protect from potential 0 day exploits by preventing it from doing signature blocking, only allowing things like heuristics and ransomware blocking. Kaspersky managed to block all his malware samples without having their signature samples, based solely on the behavior.
Yes, I think so !
Idk if defender is the best AV, but I couldn't care less