Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
windows antivirus the defender is 10 best

Windows Defender Is the Best Windows 10 Antivirus
For me, if you have a old laptop or pc, you would be better off without an antivirus, given that you are an advanced user and have common sense. You don't need an antivirus, especially if you don't encounter unsafe websites or files a lot. But you have a decent pc, windows defender is enough. Else I like Malwarebytes if you have money to throw away. I like least intrusive and least resource intensive antiviruses. 

I have had my experiences with all kinds of antiviruses, and I can tell you one thing. Normally you shouldn't get easily infected with viruses, but if a virus is good enough, it doesn't matter if have the best antivirus on the market you will get infected. You'll have to rely on other methods to save your data and get rid of it. So now I prefer either no antivirus or an antivirus that mainly scans any USBs plugged into the computer or newly downloaded files.
Although I agree for the most part, I still can't help but keep ESET running on my PC. It feels reassuring sometimes when you get that notification in the bottom right.
i agree with that , but i don't use any av for many years
Neither do i, i use virustotal to scan files i download, what it does is you upload file to their website and it uses over 50 av engines to scan that file and give you recent information about it. And also ad blocker on a browser is a must.
I like some additional app like eset for the added benefits they provide like network monitoring etc.
for me malwarebytes worked best
(07-18-2021, 08:42 PM)agi2 Wrote: for me malwarebytes worked best
malwarebytes isn't an anti-virus; it's an addition to anti-virus providing extra layers of protection
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
Windows defenders is like any other antivirus without so many options and so many false positives. Some good antivirus products without false positives are eset, kaspersky and bitdefender. Thats why they stand in top of all reviews. I personally like eset because of small foot print but we need to hunt for a working key every few weeks to make it work. Now days kaspersky and bitdefender have become bloatware.
I use Eset AV since I can remember, so maybe 20 years, I had very few false positives.
Defender + Malwarebytes is the best combo I've ever used. It's been 5+ years and never had a virus go through these.