Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
to with why your you sell ssd not computer hdd or

Why not to sell you HDD or SSD with your computer
I know anyone want to make some money from an old computer, sometime gettting less money isn't the worst thing. Your HDD or SSD preserve a lot of your important data like your family trip images or all your work files. When you delete a file, the file is showed how "deleted" but instead is still on the disk. The file will be still on the disk until you don't overwrite it with another file, for that reason there are some tools that are made to overwrite and make impossible to recover a deleted file from the disk, such tools are called "anti-forensics tools". You will think that a normal format of the volume will make all the files disappear: Wrong. The files will be still here. For that reason all the biggest companies over the world don't send all the old computers parts to the dump, instead the disks will be sent to a company that will physically destroy them, because on companies computers there are also login credentials and sensitive data. So the next time you sell a computer make sure to remove the disk and install a brand new one, because your data are worth more then few dollars.
Portables and Repacks Workbench
DON'T SHARE MY LINKS OUTSIDE AiOWARES
PM ME FOR A RE-UPLOAD
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 for this post:
  • MaskedUser
yes brother thatswhy always clean wipe to Zeros a HDD of SSD or Even a Pen/Flash Drive before selling them to others. Data is Recoverable as HDD or SSD has system volume restore information saved in it which can recover lots of important data via many recovery tools.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MaskedUser for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
Sorry for the link but I was reading an italian article and after I used an online translator to understand what was it about I accidentally copied a word to the thread.
Portables and Repacks Workbench
DON'T SHARE MY LINKS OUTSIDE AiOWARES
PM ME FOR A RE-UPLOAD
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 for this post:
  • MaskedUser
(11-13-2019, 01:25 PM)Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4 Wrote: Sorry for the link but I was reading an italian article and after I used an online translator to understand what was it about I accidentally copied a word to the thread.
removed it 1
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BALTAGY for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
About SSD, not even overwriting with 0's or something else would completely destroy the data. Solid state drives do not write data the way other media does. tis might help
Code:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/securely-erase-ssd-without-destroying/
Sorry for hot linking URL. Please do what is pessary to rectify the mistake.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mr.bantu for this post:
  • BALTAGY
Going on a site like ebay and buying up a bunch of old hdds just shows how few people care about wiping their information. Its a great way to do real world forensic practice, but it's dangerous for anyone selling their old drives.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to b0rg for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
In other words. Just smash your old drives 1
Just get a drill and drill some holes all over your hdd and in your ssd.
Or overwrite the entire hard disk multiple times with nukers that turn the 0's in 1's and the 1's in 0's, since the "Not empty but free to use" flags will be removed once they are overwritten.
So is the main thread implying the software that claims to overwrite data to erase it properly, do not work? It's not very clear to me.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lewis3545 for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4