Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
that facebook has downloaded yikes i the me information on

I Downloaded the Information That Facebook Has on Me. Yikes.
Yikes, that is a ton of collected data!
I deleted my FB years ago. I don't think I had made any posts, and I'd only used it on a single computer on a browser that I didn't use for anything else. And the system has since been wiped and had a fresh OS install.

I doubt they can follow me through all that.
(06-30-2022, 04:04 AM)Ntuewu Wrote: I doubt they can follow me through all that.
they can and they do if you don't block lots of domains just by following your surfing habits to prepare your profile
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
(06-30-2022, 04:43 AM)Skunk1966 Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 04:04 AM)Ntuewu Wrote: I doubt they can follow me through all that.
they can and they do if you don't block lots of domains just by following your surfing habits to prepare your profile
I've had add-ons like Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin (with FB tracking blocklists), and LocalCDN running basically since they started existing, do these have any effect? Or are they just tracking my IP address?
Quote:I've had add-ons like Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin (with FB tracking blocklists), and LocalCDN running basically since they started existing, do these have any effect? Or are they just tracking my IP address?
facebook is just too big to escaoe from completely because they keep changing tactics
(07-03-2022, 04:40 AM)Skunk1966 Wrote: facebook is just too big to escaoe from completely because they keep changing tactics
So are you saying that ever having an account makes you tracked for life? Or are you saying it doesn't matter if you're a user at all?
(07-04-2022, 09:09 AM)Ntuewu Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 04:40 AM)Skunk1966 Wrote: facebook is just too big to escaoe from completely because they keep changing tactics
So are you saying that ever having an account makes you tracked for life? Or are you saying it doesn't matter if you're a user at all?
what I say is that it doesn't matter if you have an account or not; they're tracking you anyway
We were well warned:- George Orwell's 1984 107 107 107
So I've done more reading about this and what can be done about it. Most of the non-user, offsite tracking is based on tracking pixels: 1x1 white .gif images that connect you to that tech giant's servers. It's done to circumvent cookie blocking. This will also track users, but they're already in the system, sooo...

The limitation of this method is that these images need to communicate with Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, ect. That's done through that company's various servers. That means you can block their URLs in your Hosts file, with a browser extension, on a DNS server like PiHole, or with a custom router like OPNSense.

These companies have multiple URLs, and most of them aren't instantly visible as what they are. Ex: Bytedance - tnc16-useast1a.byteoversea.com That's just one of Bytedance's many, many tracking URLs.

I'm sure there are many more I should add to my list, but this is where to start, I think.

Switched to Linux's video on the topic:
Code:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/0VvtdPDHe-s/
Some Blocklists I use:
Code:
https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
https://github.com/danhorton7/pihole-block-tiktok
hellohello

Personally I do not use facebook and other social networks. And there are browsers like Firefox and extensions like Ghostery, ublock Origin, Malwarebytes that protect you quite a bit already. I also installed spyware Blaster which I find great with lists of sites to avoidPersonally I do not use facebook and other social networks. And there are browsers like Firefox and extensions like Ghostery, ublock Origin, Malwarebytes that protect you quite a bit already. I also installed spyware Blaster which I find great with lists of sites to avoid