Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
windows antivirus the defender is 10 best

Windows Defender Is the Best Windows 10 Antivirus
defender & malwarebytes is all I use
I also used several antivirus systems until windows 10 came out. Since then I’ve stuck with defender as well. As long as you know what you’re doing the risks are a lot lower.
win 10 + MB but I used to use Kaspersky + zone alarm
supposedly tho if you know what you are doing on the world wide web then windows defender is enough. maybe you can install malwarebytes if you want to do something daring
(06-03-2021, 04:24 PM)teikiteiki Wrote: supposedly tho if you know what you are doing on the world wide web then windows defender is enough. maybe you can install malwarebytes if you want to do something daring

As long as you don't use warez then you should be fine. I download ROMs.
i have defender disabled and use malwarebytes, buf defender alone seems good enough
If you use Windows Defender, I recommend Sordum's Defender Control addon - it makes it easier to control and add exceptions to your folders full of "legitimate software"
(not sure if it's been mentioned already in this thread)

Code:
https://www.sordum.org/9480/defender-control-v1-9/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Darthagnon for this post:
  • NikKlaus
i agree that its the best, very low resource intensive and not at all intrusive
Windows defender is enough for home use as long as you don't try to download stuff that is not safe and just browse websites that are safe.
Man, I still remember using GIANT AntiSpyware before MS snagged it and renamed it to Microsoft AntiSpyware.. Defender has quite evolved from that, but that software was already pretty dang good. And Defender definitely had a meh period before it became a viable option again.