Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
windows activation version key anymore 1809 resets working 10 not product

Windows 10 Version 1809 Resets Activation, Product Key Not Working Anymore
Windows 10 Version 1809 Resets Activation, Product Key Not Working Anymore

[Image: Windows-10-product-key.jpg]

Microsoft has already pulled Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809), but customers who already installed it come across all kinds of bugs, some of which have a big impact on the way the operating system runs on their devices.
For instance, we’re now seeing reports that after Windows 10 version 1809 is installed on PCs the OS is no longer activated, in which case a watermark shows up on the desktop.
There are two different problems in such a case. First of all, there are users who no longer have the product key for their system and extracting it from Windows 10 isn’t possible because the system isn’t activated.
The only workaround is to go back to the previous Windows 10 version using the rolling back feature in the OS and then extract the product key, only to reinstall the October 2018 Update and then activate it manually. However, keep in mind that the October update isn’t available right now, and you may have to wait a while until the rollout resumes.

Product key issues

Also, it turns out that on some devices, the product key isn’t working anymore and Windows 10 cannot be reactivated after installing the October 2018 Update.
However, we’re seeing just isolated reports in this regard, as it’s the case of this post on Microsoft Community forums.
This thread, in its turn, raises other question. An independent advisory replying to the question says this is a known bug at Microsoft and the software giant is already working on a fix.
“I must tell you that the problem that occurs after the update is known and the Microsoft team is in the process of investigation, since several users have reported this incident,” the advisor posted.
The rest of the message suggests that this answer was actually referring to the data removal bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and not to the product key issue that the user was reporting.
For the time being, the best way to go is to create a full backup of your OS before upgrading to the October 2018 Update and to always save your product key in a secure place.

Source
Code:
https://news.softpedia.com/news/windows-10-version-1809-resets-activation-product-key-not-working-anymore-523129.shtml

Anything wrong?!
Doubt about something in the forums?!

Please push Report button or send me a PM!!! 

Guidelines

Member Ranks

How to use various forum functionalities
======================================================================================

AiOwares is a community whose existence takes place by itself, not by movements unrelated to it.

======================================================================================
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to WALLONN7 for this post:
  • Neptune, The Undertaker
way to go M$ lol
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • The Undertaker, WALLONN7
This is what I have at the moment, activated but......

Show Content

I would be very pissed off if I have to redo everything again. 19
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to The Undertaker for this post:
  • nodnar, Skunk1966, WALLONN7
My Laptop's touch is working no more with this update 2

HP 2740P

any idea ?
Need assistance or want to ask Any question?
Send PM to any Staff member
or email us at
support(at)aiowares.com
(11-08-2018, 04:13 PM)PriSim Wrote: My Laptop's touch is working no more with this update 2

HP 2740P

any idea ?

Did you mean touch pad or touch screen?
Nevertheless, I'm sure it's a driver's issue only and we can do nothing then wait for official driver release for this window version.
My touchpad often behaves abnormally but a restart fixes it, so I know I have to wait for official driver release for my hp envy m6-x360.
(11-09-2018, 01:39 PM)The Undertaker Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 04:13 PM)PriSim Wrote: My Laptop's touch is working no more with this update 2

HP 2740P

any idea ?

Did you mean touch pad or touch screen?
Nevertheless, I'm sure it's a driver's issue only and we can do nothing then wait for official driver release for this window version.
My touchpad often behaves abnormally but a restart fixes it, so I know I have to wait for official driver release for my hp envy m6-x360.

Touch screen , last time i got issue with screen brightness which was , resolved in next major update.
Need assistance or want to ask Any question?
Send PM to any Staff member
or email us at
support(at)aiowares.com
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PriSim for this post:
  • The Undertaker
(01-28-2021, 09:38 PM)Bonding for Today Wrote: I guess it's time to update.
Unnecessary reply removed