Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
to s a cradled who others mum help baby stranger be and kind flight urges on

Mum Who Cradled Stranger's Baby On A Flight Urges Others To 'Be Kind' And Help Others
'The flight attendant is just standing there... listening.'

A mum has shared a poignant post encouraging others to be kind after she ended up cradling a stranger’s baby while on an early morning flight.

Photographer Kesha Shonet, who is mum to a three- and four-year-old, said she was on a packed plane when she heard a baby and a child crying and a toddler having a “meltdown”.

She realised the mum had her hands full with three little ones. But rather than helping the mum, passengers nearby “huffed, puffed and complained”.

“I hear a woman complaining to this mother (that’s alone with two crying kids) that her child needs to stop kicking her seat,” Shonet wrote on the Love What Matters Facebook page on 31 July.

“Then I hear the mother say: ‘She’s three I can’t believe you just did that’. Apparently the lady reached behind her and grabbed the child’s leg. The flight attendant is just standing there... listening.” 

Shonet heard other passengers nearby making comments, shaming the mum’s “discipline techniques”.

She waited for someone closer to the woman to help out, but no one did.

“I get up out of my seat, go a few rows back and go ask her if she needs help,” Shonet wrote. “She immediately handed me her baby, so I take her baby and then I have to go sit down for take off.

“The crying stopped, so I’m sitting here holding this precious baby that so happens to fall asleep.

“My point? Be nice and considerate. If someone needs help, HELP THEM. How can we ignore a human in distress? Please be kind. Please be considerate. Help one another, it makes everything easier.”

Speaking to HuffPost UK, Shonet said: “I feel that what I did is something anyone with a kind heart would have done. I don’t see myself as being a ‘hero’.

“I believe that if we all help each other, the world would be a much easier and stress-free place. It’s upsetting to see kind acts being looked at as a ‘taboo’ subject. But I’m super happy and humbled that my act of kindness is touching people in the way that it is.”

Her Facebook post had more than 80,000 likes in less than 12 hours.

“Thank you for doing this,” one mum wrote. “I solo travel a lot with my young kids and I wish someone was there to help me once in a while.”

Another wrote: “Your kindness is needed around the world. This is so lovely, I would cry if someone did this for me. Thank you.”

Code:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mum-cradle-stranger-baby_uk_59804913e4b00bb8ff394953?utm_hp_ref=uk-random-acts-of-kindness
Such acts of kindness is what the world needs today, too much negativity nowadays.
Just plummet them kids 16ft through the announcer's table. problem solved
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ChocoFudge for this post:
  • onlymeinside
(04-08-2021, 08:34 PM)ChocoFudge Wrote: Just plummet them kids 16ft through the announcer's table. problem solved

Ah 1998... what a year to be alive...
it sucks being on an airplane with kids crying, but its not the parents fault

people should be more empathetic and kind
I have kids on my own so i'm on both parts,first of all when you see someone that needs help you help,second of all sometimes some parents just leave their kids do whatever they want without worrying what they gonna do,so if i see my kids bothering someone on an airplane it's me at first to teach him good manners then excuse myself to the one that suffered the problem,when it's babies crying and ppl bitch about it,they are just some egoists pricks that does not understand that babies can not talk and say what the problem is so they cry,in these cases the show must go on.
That is why a good pair of Noise Cancelling headphones are worth their weight in gold!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pz_Miko for this post:
  • antioch
Not much point complaining about babies crying,  that's just what they do.      

Although sometimes I do wonder,  when the destination is a vacation resort,  why Mom decided to torture their 8 month old with 7 or 11 hours of flying   (no place to nap, terrifying your baby, painful/popped eardrums, so many reasons)...  
we have two kids,  and suspended "fly to destination" vacations for a few years until they were old enough to understand what's going on.  That just made sense.
There is definitely things to complain about though.   ( I fly a lot ) 
That kid behind you who spends the entire flight kicking the crap out of the back of your seat.... mom just watches
The parents too cheap to buy a kids seat ... ya they'll sit on my lap... nooo  ,  I'll just plunk my infant in the empty seat beside YOU because I need a break,   it's free , right?
That munchiken two rows up who has their  cartoons/video game cranked to 100% volume... parents are oblivious / just don't care.
(yes, these are kid problems, but are PARENTING issues)