Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
windows antivirus the defender is 10 best

Windows Defender Is the Best Windows 10 Antivirus
Cyber security isn’t a cut and dry topic. Some incite user safety, some incite “better” AV products. None of that can protect us against zero-day attacks on any third-party applications, we can’t really blame MS for that. CCleaner had malware injected into it a good few years ago, 7zip handled .ace files, to which was really outdated at the time when the exploitability of the extension was found.

On the note of visiting shady sites, installing a “better” AV mostly uses the route of prevention is better than cure, and just stop you from visiting said site.

As for data collection, why let multiple companies collect data on you, just some MS WD and let one company collect info on you :D. Poor jokes aside, Windows Defender is pretty decent and has come a long way.

Keep safe peeps.
I've been using Panda Cloud AV for awhile now, it does indeed find some items and its lighter weight than a full av package.
The first thing I do when doing a clean install is disable defender and install eset. If I want/need to turn eset off at some point during a crack, I don't want defender to take over!
Shadow defender is a better alternative.
[Image: PNLYiEq.png]
I've done fine with Windows Defender, and scanning with Malwarebytes when I want to be a bit extra sure. Used to be a heavy user of Avast but then their promotional popups became worse, and they got rid of one of their Android apps, so they were dead to me. My only annoyance with Defender is it's a pain to temporarily turn it off, it won't properly stay off, and reminder popups that it is off can be a bit annoying.
As my experience there are no need for 3th part of any antivirus needed at windows 10 for personel usage. Maybe for bussnes plan there could be a specific reason to use any other sevurity tool to get system securit.
Basically all i use is WinDefender... seems to do a mostly good job.  then common sense helps
defender only detect windows crack for me 10 
i'm using ESET from long time ago and it's my favorite one
Not sure, the defender works well for me, i have 0 issues so far except for some random messages and randomly running a scan while im working.

Edit to my previous post, forgot to add that it takes a lot of resources for me, not sure why
I've had good luck in recent years using Windows Defender in conjunction with Sandboxie.  Also VirusTotal scans for questionable things that need to be run outside of the Sandbox.

Had to exclude the Nirsoft tools folder from Windows Defender scans though.
YES, a third-party antivirus is still required on Windows 10 to protect your pc. But you can manage without any third-party antivirus if you know what you are doing.