Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
24 25 mkvtoolnix v34

MKVToolNix v83.0
v61.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
v62.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
v63.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
v64.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
v65.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Alv37 for this post:
  • mare1
v66.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
v67.0 is out
Frontpage updated.
(07-07-2018, 01:20 PM)Alv37 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsI'm having a little problem with MKVToolNix 67 (x64). I tried the installer here and one from Nsane but when I try to start MKVToolNix I get this error message:-"The procedure entry point Create DXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll" I Googled for a solution, tried running sfc/ scannow but the error message persists. I installed the portable version in my Portable Apps Platform and it launches without any problem....but I'd like to know why the installed version gives this error  I'm using Win 7 (a64) by the way. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
(04-18-2022, 08:17 PM)Manchita Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

Explanation at above link may tell you answer.
Many thanks for your reply Chillgates. I've downloaded what I think is the correct dll...I'm a bit nervous about installing it so I'll wait for a while to see how my computer acts over the next few days. When the error message first appeared it was a surprise because I have used MKVToolNix for years without any problem....and, since the portable version works fine, I was going to ignore the installed version and just use the portable one.
I searched my system with the program "Everything" and it shows there are 6 dxgi.dll's already present:-
C:\Windows\System32            (22/08/2018)
C:Windows\SysWOW64           (22/08/2018)
C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64...   (21/11/2010)
C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64....  (22/08/2018)
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86...        (21/11/2010)
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86....       (22/08/2018)

Thanks again.

EDIT (hours later):- After all the hours I've spent Googling and reading possible causes for this problem and trying different MKVToolNix installers, I finally stumbled onto Reddit and found some other guys who had the same problem...it's related to Windows 7. One of the guys pointed us to https://mkvtoolnix.download/windows/cont...it/67.0.0/ which lists revisions of MKVToolNix 67.0 made during the last 5 days. I downloaded the latest installer and it worked immediately, no error message. I imagine there are other people out there trying to figure out why they are experiencing this "dxgi.dll" error. 9 9 9