Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
6 400 436 9 v5 v4 331 393 354 7 installer adobe 504 1 2 8 435 421 5 407

Adobe Installer
Yup. It was my HOSTS file. I temporarily cleared all the Adobe blocks from it, and now CCMaker is working. Thanks bud!

Do you know which Adobe servers it connects to? I'd like to restore most of my blocks if possible.
(09-19-2019, 03:45 PM)TanMan Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsyou can use wireshark to investigate
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
(09-19-2019, 03:53 PM)Skunk1966 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Yeah, I know. I was hoping you knew already. I'll post back after I figure it out.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • Skunk1966
OK. That was very weird. It was too hard to sift through all the traffic using Wireshark since it can't filter by process name (it doesn't track that). So I ended up using procmon and filtering for the CCMaker procname and the operation beginning with TCP. From that I found that no Adobe servers were hit at all. Only AWS and Cloudfront. It appears to get the download locations from an AWS site, then it downloads from wherever that site says. I tried it multiple times, and the download sites changed every time, always between AWS and Cloudfront, except for the first one, which was always at AWS (3.224.138.148, ec2-3-224-138-148.compute-1.amazonaws.com).

The weird thing is that none of the IP addresses or host names in my trace were in my HOSTS file. So I have no idea why it was interfering with CCMaker. I did see that my HOSTS file had grown over the years and had a lot of crap in it, so I created a new one with only the things I need now. With this new HOSTS file, CCMaker works just fine.

If anyone's interested, here's my latest procmon logfile (as a csv):

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Made the text visible in dark theme and coded the link in above replay
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to BALTAGY for this post:
  • Skunk1966, TanMan
@BALTAGY

What is the difference between yours Adobe Installer files (from your links) and Adobe Installer from Adobe site:

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

I see that is Set-up.exe different, but is there any difference in functionality? What is better to use?
Thanks!
(10-29-2019, 08:58 PM)Iznogoud Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsFrom the site you will need to install Creative cloud then download any product you need and install it

Mine you can download the offline installer via CCmaker and add it to the installer and keep it as offline installer to use it anytime like adobe was doing before
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to BALTAGY for this post:
  • Fo4RaX, Iznogoud, pnefyp, TanMan
Hi Baltagy, although I've only tried the google drive link so far for CCmaker v1.3.8, it gives the following mesage when clicking on the download link:
"Sorry, this file is infected with a virus,Only the owner is allowed to download infected files."
Must be google being over-zealous in a scan, but at present GD is not allowing the file to come down 1
Thanks for all what you do - very much appreciated.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to luxodude for this post:
  • BALTAGY
Adobe Installer v5.1.0.407 64Bit
[Image: r84tlx5.png]
(06-17-2020, 08:36 AM)My Vn Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsYou can't just install it, you need to download any product using CCmaker then move the products folder into the installer folder like the video
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to BALTAGY for this post:
  • My Vn, recyo