Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
enterprise windows what think you of ? 10 do

What do you think of windows 10 enterprise ?
Now that I've come to know and appreciate Windows 10, Microsoft has just confirmed the end of support for its operating system, which will receive monthly security updates until October 14, 2025. The company encourages all users to Upgrade to Windows 11. Only enterprise versions will get longer support. So, not much choice, I will install windows 10 enterprise. What do you think of this lighter version ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Squalyzer for this post:
  • ThisIsHerself
(05-08-2023, 08:16 PM)Squalyzer Wrote: Now that I've come to know and appreciate Windows 10, Microsoft has just confirmed the end of support for its operating system, which will receive monthly security updates until October 14, 2025. The company encourages all users to Upgrade to Windows 11. Only enterprise versions will get longer support. So, not much choice, I will install windows 10 enterprise. What do you think of this lighter version ?
either install Enterprise or LTSC version if you want less bloat in your OS. My preferred Windows 10 version is Education (NOT Pro Education!)
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • nodnar, ThisIsHerself
I wonder if Microsoft knows they shot themselves in the proverbial foot with all the bells and whistles they tried to sell Windows 10 on, knowing full well that LTSC was the only version that actually worked. 19
LTSC is good !
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ijunlong for this post:
  • ThisIsHerself
IMHO it makes sense to use Windows 10 enterprise only if your rig doesn't support Windows 11 (old CPU family nor TPM 2). Otherwise I would move to the latest OS version as it will receive more and more features (e.g. the possibility to run Android apps).
There's almost no difference compared to the standard version