Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
contaminated it will japan sea water into dump announces fukushima

Fukushima: Japan announces it will dump contaminated water into sea
I believe there are regulations and control test being involved with this project. So it shouldn't impact the health of ecosystem there.
Think what they said they are releasing also doesn't have a long half life. But I might be remembering it wrong.
(07-20-2021, 06:52 PM)sfareg Wrote: thank you
Please use thanks botton instead and read the rules here

Thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BALTAGY for this post:
  • sfareg
don't they concern the neighbor country or the the whole world feelings ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pssyz for this post:
  • sfareg
this will contaminate the fishes and other wildlife and eventually end up in our bellys just like micro plastics eaten by fishes and eventually ending up on our plates. not a good move at all
Code:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/16/fukushima-japans-plan-to-dump-radioactive-water-is-not-dangerous-prof-says.html

Quote:“I would say to people who are concerned about this going into the ocean: We dump 8 tons of plastics in the ocean, pregnant women are not supposed to eat tuna because of mercury poisoning, microplastic is in the marine food chain — this is what we should be worried about,”

It's not as bad as microplastics, so it's okay right?
I'm not sure what the alternative really is, but Tritium has a half-life of 12.3 years and it will be diluted to the point where it won't harm anything(so they say), so it sounds okay I guess...?
I will buy more made in japan nigari, i feel it... that's excellent for the health I heard..good idea I'm sure :*)
I was just googling Tritium,  it costs $30K USD / gram!   
Wouldn't it be worthwhile to filter that out of the waste water?
Interesting read
Code:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/fukushima-wastewater-cleanup-questions
@rigok9 I edited your post.
All links need to be in code. Use the highlighted button in the picture:
[Image: XEaWZkbO_o.jpg]
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]