Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
19 covid vaccine experience

Covid-19 vaccine experience
(03-30-2021, 02:07 PM)nsan3 Wrote: My friend had the J&J vaccine (only one shot is enough) and she is doing good since past 20 days, no issues.

great. do you mean she hasn't had any sign like fever, body aching, etc after receiving her shot?
(03-30-2021, 03:20 PM)p4psb Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 04:12 PM)p4psb Wrote:

Update.

Just returned from pharmacy.
The wife and myself just had our first AZ vaccine. Had to wait 15 minutes after just in case.

Just an update on my platelets, in case anyone else might be in the same boat. My doctor told me that my lower than normal platelets count could be an advantage with the blood clot situation, as it is those with normal count that have had the problems. It is the platelets that mutiply against the vaccine and in some rare cases this causes the blood clots. My doctor gave me his approval to have the vaccine, and passed this on to the pharmacist.

congrats.

with regards to thrombocytopenia (your condition), logically one can infer that you might be at lesser risk for the reason you pointed out, but in clinical situation, it may not be that simple; however, now that your doctor approved, it may has been ok after all.

How do you feel now?
the latest on AZ vaccine and clotting, if anyone is interested:

Code:
https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-362354/v1

Code:
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/03/rare-clotting-disorder-may-cloud-worlds-hopes-astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine
(03-30-2021, 06:11 PM)AdobeWall Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 03:20 PM)p4psb Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 04:12 PM)p4psb Wrote:

Update.

Just returned from pharmacy.
The wife and myself just had our first AZ vaccine. Had to wait 15 minutes after just in case.

Just an update on my platelets, in case anyone else might be in the same boat. My doctor told me that my lower than normal platelets count could be an advantage with the blood clot situation, as it is those with normal count that have had the problems. It is the platelets that mutiply against the vaccine and in some rare cases this causes the blood clots. My doctor gave me his approval to have the vaccine, and passed this on to the pharmacist.

congrats.

with regards to thrombocytopenia (your condition), logically one can infer that you might be at lesser risk for the reason you pointed out, but in clinical situation, it may not be that simple; however, now that your doctor approved, it may has been ok after all.

How do you feel now?
So far so good. Only been 5 hours though.
I'm 29 years old and still expected vaccine.
(05-12-2021, 02:34 PM)Ond3rkor Wrote: I'm 29 years old and still expected vaccine.

You mean you are still expected to vaccinate yourself? Of course you are expected to vaccinate yourself. It's so that you don't die or don't get hospitalized from covid.

To comment on the topic: I know people who got AZ, they got fever for a day or two, then they were completely healthy once again. My dentist and my mother got Pfizer, they were both completely fine after both shots. I also know people who got Moderna, Sputnik and Sinopharm, they didn't show any reactions either. It honestly comes down to the individual instead of the vaccine. Although vaccines that rely on the traditional method (e.g. Sinopharm) have less chance to cause a reaction but they build antibodies a lot slower too.
The first shot only left my arm a little sore later that evening. I was prepared for the 2nd one to hit me like a truck, especially since I only managed to get around 2 hours of sleep the night before. I imagined my immune system wouldn't be firing on all cylinders and the shot would kick my butt. However, I had no side effects besides my arm being sorer than the first time around. This was with Pfizer. Most others in my family had it rough, but a couple also had no effects besides the soreness.
i finished my second shot of pfizer on march been rock solid till then,just some sore arm in the first shot,nothing in the second one.
Got my second phizer and ran 103 fever for a day. I was wiped out for 2 solid days.
Moderna, had fever after 2nd shot for about 32 hours total. So, about 1.5 days. After, no problems at all.