Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
19 covid vaccine experience

Covid-19 vaccine experience
I will get my first vaccine next week. Any advice?
(07-02-2021, 01:09 PM)daniel3x Wrote: I will get my first vaccine next week. Any advice?

You are not first and you are not last to take vaccine. Just go for it and expect some mild side effects for 2 to 3 days after taking vaccine. Don't be afraid and follow precautions that your doctor advised for possible side effects.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to chillgates for this post:
  • daniel3x
I got my first dose last June 16th. After few hours my left arm felt like it have weights on it where the part where vaccine was shot. And the following day was i always feel like sleeping. thats just what i experience. The vaccine that i got was coronavac.
(07-02-2021, 03:32 PM)juang Wrote: I got my first dose last June 16th. After few hours my left arm felt like it have weights on it where the part where vaccine was shot. And the following day was i always feel like sleeping. thats just what i experience. The vaccine that i got was coronavac.

Most of those reactions after getting vaccine are not side effects rather they are immunity response from our body. Injection point on shoulder will swell because dead virus or virus like DNA exists in vaccine. When our body finds it entering blood stream immediately body try to stop blood flow at that point to avoid virus spreading through the body. Result is swelling.

In same way some people feel headache, fever, vomiting and diarrhea. All of these are temporary immune responses of the body to expel virus and they only persists  2 or 3 days till generating anti-bodies to fight against the dead virus in vaccine.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to chillgates for this post:
  • MiniBucked
(07-02-2021, 01:09 PM)daniel3x Wrote: I will get my first vaccine next week. Any advice?

Bring something to do or make sure your phone is fully charged. Depending on the time and day you go and how long your city has been administering vaccinations, there may be a long waiting line before you get in for your shot. They will also make you sit in a waiting area for around 15 minutes after your shot before you're allowed to leave to make sure you don't have any adverse side effects. At least that's how my vaccination site worked.

It's recommended to take a painkiller like Advil or Aspirin if you are feeling really awful afterward with things like full-body aches and pains and feverish symptoms, but you generally shouldn't have that after your first shot and may not even go through any of it after your second. Do not take any painkillers before your shots as they will reduce the effectiveness of the vaccination.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hqabc for this post:
  • daniel3x
Many people experience some Covid19 like symptoms for 2 days after the vaccine just be prepared but nothing to worry about
I had a sore arm for a day or two after my first shot. Maybe a mild headache. And that's it.
About 20 hours after my 2nd shot I got a slight fever of about 101. It lasted about 12 to 14 hours. Nothing a tylenol and a good night's rest couldn't handle. Was back to normal the next day. Arm was sore again for about 3 days.
Just got my 2nd dose last Saturday. Arm was a little sore throughout the day and on Sunday that subsided but I felt very exhausted with a small fever and headache. Monday symptoms were similar but very mild and by Tuesday I was back to 100%.
No medicines needed for those mild problems after vaccine. I didn't take any medicines for little fever of 99 , headache and painful shoulder for 2 days. 3rd day I was normal.