Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 51 Vote(s) - 4.59 Average

[-]
Tags
windows amp license kms38™ generation hwid 10 digital

[Windows 10] Digital License (HWID) & KMS38™ Generation
(11-14-2019, 02:23 PM)Skunk1966 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsAnd when we have the choice like for a Pro version, what's best, digital license only or KMS38?
What's the difference?

Thanks!
(11-14-2019, 03:13 PM)FTP Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsdigital license: official license from MS. If you have a digital license for Pro and you need a clean reinstall it will be reactivated online without you having to do anything.

KMS38 gets you a KMS license which means it will be activated until 2038. Downside is that you need to activate Windows again after a clean reinstall. Also you can't activate Office by using KMSPico 10.2 but you have to use another KMS solution like KMS_VL_ALL and you need to exclude Windows in the tool
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • pnefyp, tigercheng
(11-14-2019, 03:45 PM)Skunk1966 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsThanks for your answer!

Ok so if I understand well:

Digital License (HWID) = allows to get an official Digital licence from MS for life. No re-activation every 180 days. Windows automatically re-activates after a clean reinstall if the hardware is unchanged. The only thing that can break this licence is to change the hardware (MB, drive, netword card, ...).

KMS38 = allows to activate windows via KMS. Similar to other KMS activation tools, but the only one able to activate LTSC editions for 10 years (until 2038).

So if I understand well, as long as I don't install an LTSC edition (which requires KMS38) and HWID activation is available (so I'm also not installing a Server edition) then the best option to go for is the HWID activation. Correct?

So far I was still on Windows 7, using Windows Loader for Windows and KMS_VL_ALL for Office so I know KMS_VL_ALL.

Last thing.
There's a process for the manual install, but nothing for the automated one while it's the recommanded one now.

So I guess there's no process as it's very easy:
- Once Windows 10 installed, just run the "hwid.kms38.gen.mk6.exe" file and there will be buttons to choose in between the HWID or KMS38 activation?
- the file can be placed anywhere when we want, including on a NAS or external hard drive?
- No need to run it as administrator?
- No need to disconnect Internet during the installation?
- No need to setup any anti-virus exclusion?

Just to confirm.

Thanks!
- No need to stop the anti-virus during the installation too (Windows Defender)?
Quote:The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Make sure to disable real-time protection because Defender and other AV solutions flag it as virus (false-positive!)
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • tigercheng, wonderbreadlofts
Thanks very much for your answers!
It looks like there are some few precautions to take. I'll document my own procedure.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FTP for this post:
  • Skunk1966
@Skunk1966 so i finally had 10 minutes spare this morning to test.
I found a much quicker and easier way to remove the warning i figured a run once key must be set as this warning only appears after first reboot.

Once you have used the HWID GEN to activate successfully an exe file is generated/placed in:
%WINDIR%\Temp folder called warnh.exe (this is the exe that displays the warning message, this exe is actually the warning message itself)

HWID GEN will also set a registry key in:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\0001 - Called "MyScript"

if you were to use silent activation method with switch and wanted to remove the warnings you would simple put these 2 lines in .bat or .cmd file after activation (WILL NEED TO BE RUN AS ADMIN):
Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
That will delete the file and remove the run once registry entry. The warning message will never be seen.

Sorry that took so long for me to test, im really busy these days!
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to UpGrade for this post:
  • davethurston, jabrwky, k3nguruh, Krinal, kriz, nodnar, Skunk1966, wonderbreadlofts
Hi I am new to Microsoft activation, could someone help me? I really want to learn this.

I want to install the automated method. When I click on the mirror link and I try to download it, what program should I open it? Because I have no program to open it with.
thank you (:

Ellen
(11-17-2019, 08:01 PM)MissEMart Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
7-Zip is free. This is the download page for it:

Code:
You have No permissions

Assuming you have the 64-bit version of Windows, this is a direct download link for the 64-bit version:

Code:
You have No permissions
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4, Cerberus, MissEMart, Skunk1966
The manual process file is offline. Where can I find this?