Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
gpu shortage the great

The Great GPU Shortage
Nvidia’s new RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 Ti and 3090 and the AMD RX 6800 and 6800 XT are all incredibly hard to find, selling out instantly whenever they appear, due to an incredible level of demand that makes these GPUs worth much more than there MSRP.  Many older graphics cards are sold out online as well.

Nvidia doesn't offer much hope for consumers on the lookout for its RTX 30-series graphics cards until at least April. Speaking at a tech and auto conference held by J.P. Morgan, company CFO Collette Kress admits that "supply does remain tight at this time" and will remain that way until Q1 is over.

Because of these shortages, NVIDIA has confirmed that it was “meeting market demand which remains extremely high,” by re-releasing older GPUs including the RTX 2060 and GTX 1050 Ti to its board partners. NVIDIA pointed out that neither product was technically at the end of its life, “so ‘reviving’ seems like the wrong terminology to use here,” it said.

I hope this gets solved by April or May atleast.
the extraordinary technology of the 30 series cards make it very much in demand. Priced much less than the 20 series with much better performance. I really hope they can fix this soon. I'm tired of seeing overpriced cards on ebay.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to b0rg for this post:
  • Sweet_Jenkins
The prices are insane if you can even find one in stock and the older GPU's are nearly triple their normal price, hopefully they get funding from US to build more facilities in order to meet the extreme demand.
this is definitelty the best time for ppl like me, who buys hardware for selling, but not good times for actually buying them, prices are way higher than they would be
I'd trade my left testie for a 3060 Ti at retail right now about now... can't find ANYthing in stock.
It really sucks for people like me who have to buy a new computer for work and can't really wait this out.
I was lucky enough to get a 3060 TI. However it took me a month or so of constant searching. What help me out was to sign up to auto notify from web sites.
I were lucky to get a 6800xt but i want dlss so i hope i get a 3080 and can sell my 6800xt  19
I had to buy a prepaid machine just to get a new card. 

At the same time it came DOA because they suck at packing. The video card broke the PCIE-slot. Rip RTX 3080
I thought the newer cards weren't much better in performance than the 20 series. 10% I think? Is that really worth that much for those that are buying these cards in bulk, or maybe I am misinformed?