Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
ssh kubuntu 04 setting 20 bug github on

Bug setting SSH Github on Kubuntu 20.04
Why doesn't the .ssh github setting start automatically at startup on Kubuntu 20.04? previously I used ubuntu 18.04 with the same settings but still able.

Because of that problem I have to add a line of code in .bashrc:
ssh-add ~ / .ssh / my_id

The contents of this section are hidden
might be something to do with git configuration fine-tuning git config usually helps. However, I have no experience with Kubuntu though. 
so i think it has to do with a couple things. First, i think the name of your ssh key has to do with it. because of the way you posted your code, i imagine your ssh key name is not "id_rsa" (the default). If you change the name to this, it will most likely use it as the default ssh key. Additionally, if you dont want to change the name of the private key, you can edit the git config settings to use that specific ssh key, but im not entirely sure how effective that is.

The fact that it is kubuntu shouldnt matter. kubuntu is just ubuntu with the kde desktop environment.

If that doesnt work, try adding this to your ~/.ssh/config file or wherever your ssh config file is for your system

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions