Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
prefer what why your you favorite it? is and do os linux

What is your favorite Linux OS and why do you prefer it?
when i am not using windows, ubuntu is my other OS
For  Server it was Debian and only this !
  > Stability
  > Prefer the original to the variations  107

For Desktop (Job) it was xUbuntu
  > light
  >  functionality only

For Desktop (Personnal), in fact, as for the "Job", I am not very "flourishing", I prefer the functional and only the functional
(yes I know I'm not a fun guy 47 )

But I test a lot of distribution on free partitions, but it's still just "to see"
Arch and Gentoo --> for testing purpose only
Pros: Fast on all aspect (Arch); always up to date software (both); provides almost all Linux software by the official repositories, if some are not in the official repo, surely they can be found in AUR (Arch) and Layman (Gentoo)
Cons: Unstable, one pacman -Syu (Arch) or emerge -auvDN @world (Gentoo) command could render the entire system unbootable, and the best thing is, you'll never know when it comes. of course most of the time this can be fixed, but requires time and some really hard work

Debian --> servers
Pros: Stability
Cons: The software in the official repository is a little old (still newer than CentOS 21, but there are various workarounds

When it comes to desktop distros, the choices are numerous. Fedora's good; OpenSUSE is not bad also, YaST is the essence for users who likes graphic interfaces; Kali provides a good number of penetration testing tools and can be easily installed, and it's easy to use. My opinion? There are no best distros for desktops, try as many as you can, because whenever you try one, you'll always find something new.
usually i end up with ubuntu vm due to ease of use and guides available.,
have installed manjaro on my kids old thinkpad and it looks nice and no major issue, but i think i get more battery life with win10 and i havent got around to troubleshoot the issue yet
Ubuntu and Debian per personal use,CentOS on servers.
when not playing games on windows i use ubuntu
I have been using Ubuntu for a while for development. But maybe in the near future I will try out one that I can customize with
Bodhi Linux v6.0.  Great for older PCs.  Old yet new. Minimal.
I prefer Linux Mint cinnamon. It has a very nice interface and is it simple to use.
MX Linux
Efficient with simple configuration and medium-sized footprint.