Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
coronavirus

Coronavirus
(03-11-2021, 05:56 PM)TanMan Wrote: Bolsonaro is Brazil's version of Trump. Here in the U.S., we finally got rid of Trump, but in Brazil, you guys still have Bolsonaro. I wish you a lot of luck, brother.
It's ok, plain clothes anti-viruses are coming out of the woodworks now!
LOL, dude. Good luck!
For us, the vaccine is still only for the vulnerable and the front line workers. Hoping that the vaccine be given for all and get back to the good ole "normal days".
Some of the Institute and University are trying to reopen in Fall 2021.
(04-16-2021, 11:24 PM)JimmyLauChan Wrote: Some of the Institute and University are trying to reopen in Fall 2021.

A lot of people certainly hope so, my university will definitely try to reopen by then. I am yet to meet a professor who actually likes online education. Given I have a variety subjects I can attest that certain classes, like language classes, are virtually impossible to teach online. You can't engage with students that way. However I believe that reopening by Fall is rushed. My university was open last September and October and it only served as a covid hotspot despite all the restrictions. Professors have about 5-6 lessons a day, all 90 minutes long. Try talking through all of them with a mask on. Oh and drinking water during classes were forbidden to minimize the spread of covid.

Bonus: Windows had to be open all the time (given how the building was under landmark protection the windows were about 200 years old) and two windows just fell out from their places. Plus a few classrooms and lecture halls were right next to the tram tracks and a tram went by every 5 minute.

I'd say universities really need to think through the whole reopening business. Have another semester online now or else you might have to have 3 more online. That of course depends on which country we are talking about and how they administer the vaccines. But I don't universities around the world are going to be ready for an opening in Fall.
(04-17-2021, 07:22 PM)boxesofkittens Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 11:24 PM)JimmyLauChan Wrote: Some of the Institute and University are trying to reopen in Fall 2021.

A lot of people certainly hope so, my university will definitely try to reopen by then. I am yet to meet a professor who actually likes online education. Given I have a variety subjects I can attest that certain classes, like language classes, are virtually impossible to teach online. You can't engage with students that way. However I believe that reopening by Fall is rushed. My university was open last September and October and it only served as a covid hotspot despite all the restrictions. Professors have about 5-6 lessons a day, all 90 minutes long. Try talking through all of them with a mask on. Oh and drinking water during classes were forbidden to minimize the spread of covid.

Bonus: Windows had to be open all the time (given how the building was under landmark protection the windows were about 200 years old) and two windows just fell out from their places. Plus a few classrooms and lecture halls were right next to the tram tracks and a tram went by every 5 minute.

I'd say universities really need to think through the whole reopening business. Have another semester online now or else you might have to have 3 more online. That of course depends on which country we are talking about and how they administer the vaccines. But I don't universities around the world are going to be ready for an opening in Fall.

SO true, most of the countries are still struggling to get the virus and its variants under control, and I haven't seen the twilight of the disappearance of the COVID.
Hopefully the vaccine will work in no time. For such a long time we have suffered from it.
Other half just got her 2nd shot. 1st one her arm had a red rash about 3" circle, got all the symptoms of bad cold,
chills, fever, lack of energy. Took almost 3 weeks for the red circle to disappear. 2nd shot that evening arm stiff
said she felt like a  truck hit her, fever, chills, slept all day, took about 2 days for her to get back to normal. Another
friend works doing taxes, she got it from a client, her mom got it from another family member, her daughter got. 
So with that be careful out there..

-Garland
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Garland for this post:
  • nodnar
The vaccine does not protect you from getting the virus, but it does protect you from the worst symptoms.
(03-15-2020, 10:47 PM)Cerberus Wrote: We have had our first case of that virus here where I live.  Its spreading fast and will end fast just like the flu.  Just like the flu, if older or young you are at higher risk.  I think it too much hype personally.  The flu kills more ppl per year then this virus.

now? 73 73