Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
a windows will with advanced possible esu 7 be updates patch security

Windows 7 - Advanced Security Updates (ESU) will be possible with a patch
There is apparently nothing that can not be avoided. So also the support end of Windows 7. Here is on January 14, 2020 closing time with updates. But there are ways to continue getting updates.

Already in September we had reported that 0patch wants to continue to offer micro-patches, so you can continue to work with Windows 7. Microsoft itself offers additional payment for a further three years. These chargeable Extended Security Updates (ESU) are also available for smaller businesses.

Necessary for this is an ESU test update KB4528069, which checks online, whether one may continue to receive updates. Abbodi has now worked with other users to find a way around this exam. So that one continues to be supplied with updates. The update itself can not be integrated into an ISO. It has to be installed online.

As he found out, only this update checks the permission. If this remains so, you will see only in February 2020. Because until then a lot can change. So you should keep an eye on the project (BypassESU) if you want to continue working with Windows 7.

After all, Windows 7 has now its 10th birthday behind. And the hardware companies will gradually cut the support and drivers for Windows 7. Therefore, one should slowly but surely consider using the time to continue to switch to Windows 10 with the Windows 10 key for free on Windows 10.

Article Source:
Code:
https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2019/12/07/windows-7-erweiterte-sicherheitsupdates-esu-erhalten-wird-moeglich-sein/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MaskedUser for this post:
  • kara yel
Official topic and development here 
Code:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/bypass-windows-7-extended-security-updates-eligibility.80606/

Edited by Cerberus to include code tags for link.  3
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • Cerberus, MaskedUser, neofita
Thanks for sharing the official topic by Abbodi1406 57
  • Skunk1966
This will be nice for virtual machines though both Windows 7 and Windows 10 are pretty large storage wise (something like KernelEx but for Windows XP would be better for that).
There is no point to stick to Windows 7 for average people, whether like Windows 10 or not, it has Microsoft's attention most now. I feel that history keeps repeating itself, just think about the time when Vista tried to replace XP, there were so many people swore to stick to XP, then 7 came out. I fear that in 10 years, how many people will swear that they will stick to Windows 10 again.
there is a very good reason to stick to w7, and not touch w 10 with a pole; the m$ maffia left no stone unturned to force 10 down our
throats; including their damned telemetry, and if i look over my shoulder it was the same story with vista [ a dud with no drivers,] vs xp..a couple of
billion people stuck to xp,[ a lot better, and you could find the drivers you needed,] in india and in china just because vista cost a bunch of
money that they could not cough up. very amusing to see the m$ mafia thwarted in that way. but the m$ maffia did not sit on its hands;
they made 10 `free`; to prevent that situations`recurrence.so i am `sticking to 7, and i am even thinking about reverting to an old x64
vista, unless i happen to manage to get wifi running in linux mint. [ used that one, it is a viable alternative imho, for a final EOL of windose,
and the associated commercial m$ maffia. so if lyou ike to be a permanent beta tester as a standardised w 10 user, just go ahead.[just my 2 cents,]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nodnar for this post:
  • MaskedUser
(05-04-2021, 01:51 PM)nodnar Wrote: there is a very good reason to stick to w7, and not touch w 10 with a pole; the m$ maffia left no stone unturned to force 10 down our
throats; including their damned telemetry, and if i look over my shoulder it was the same story with vista [ a dud with no drivers,] vs xp..a couple of
billion people stuck to xp,[ a lot better, and you could find the drivers you needed,] in india and in china just because vista cost a bunch of
money that they could not cough up. very amusing to see the m$ mafia thwarted in that way. but the m$ maffia did not sit on its hands;
they made 10 `free`; to prevent that situations`recurrence.so i am `sticking to 7, and i am even thinking about reverting to an old x64
vista, unless i happen to manage to get wifi running in linux mint. [ used that one, it is a viable alternative imho, for a final EOL of windose,
and the associated commercial m$ maffia. so if lyou ike to be a permanent beta tester as a standardised w 10 user, just go ahead.[just my 2 cents,]

Windows 10 is horrible so yeah, unless you are worried about compatibility you should stick with Windows 7. My laptop still has Windows 7 and the whole process of using these two systems is night and day. I have spent half a day after installing Windows 10 on my PC just with debloating it completely and killing all sorts of telemetry. Windows 7 on the other hand is just so easy to get into. You install it and there you go, no (annoying) useless programs. You can really see how Bill left the company after 8.1 because you can just see this horrible business model that the new CEO has.

If you really need Windows 10 then I wholeheartedly recommend the LTSC version of it. Fewer updates, no feature updates, less telemetry. Microsoft while try to stop you at all costs from getting it stating "it's for hospitals". But if you had to develop a new version of your OS because the original one would prevent you from saving lives then is it really a good OS?
(05-07-2021, 09:23 AM)MaskedUser Wrote: what about this to completly debload win10 as well without any tel
Please don't refer to topics posted by you on MDL! Instead start a new topic here on AiOwares
Also all links have to be coded

reply removed
[Image: XeGouw2s_o.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Skunk1966 for this post:
  • MaskedUser
A true Moderator . Awesome job brother 113
  • Skunk1966
(05-07-2021, 08:02 AM)boxesofkittens Wrote: But if you had to develop a new version of your OS because the original one would prevent you from saving lives then is it really a good OS?
it doesn't prevent, its about stability and uptime

OS for devices in hospitals that is intended to be run 24/7 with specific software is one thing
OS for home device where user installs random crap here and there and watches youtube is another thing

those two are just not comparable
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mr4rg for this post:
  • MaskedUser