Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
a windows install ltsc what 2019? you recommend fresh of softwares do for

What softwares do you recommend for a fresh install of Windows LTSC 2019?
My laptop is equipped with a old i7 (it's old but is still enough, since I have another that is more powerful). I'm planning to use it for lightweight works like graphic design(photoshop, illustrator, lightroom), programming and sometime I could use it for some more heavy works like video editing(vegas, premiere pro, da vinci resolve, hitfilm pro and avid) and 3d modeling(Maya, Blender, Nuke, Houdini and Autodesk softwares). In some words, almost for everything. Any software suggestion is appreciated. I want to ask you if you recommend any video encoding softwares since I didn't found nothing special. Thank you in advance.
Portables and Repacks Workbench
DON'T SHARE MY LINKS OUTSIDE AiOWARES
PM ME FOR A RE-UPLOAD
Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to innamorato for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
It has an old Nvidia
Portables and Repacks Workbench
DON'T SHARE MY LINKS OUTSIDE AiOWARES
PM ME FOR A RE-UPLOAD
I would say chocolatey and/or scoop for all people who are not afraid of using command line tools. They are package managers on Windows, and to be honest, I can't live without them now.

chocolatey has a quite wide range of software, and requires admin privilege since the installation paths are varied
scoop doesn't need admin privilege because it installs software to %AppData% and %LocalAppData% for single user environment, although it provides an option to install them systemwide.

Both of them are using command line to install / uninstall / backup packages, and provides various options of how to do the tasks.

They are basically functioning as package managers on Linux. The first thing after I complete the installation of Windows, is installing chocolatey and scoop, they just make my life a lot easier
(04-19-2021, 04:26 AM)yyjh Wrote: I would say chocolatey and/or scoop for all people who are not afraid of using command line tools. They are package managers on Windows, and to be honest, I can't live without them now.

chocolatey has a quite wide range of software, and requires admin privilege since the installation paths are varied
scoop doesn't need admin privilege because it installs software to %AppData% and %LocalAppData% for single user environment, although it provides an option to install them systemwide.

Both of them are using command line to install / uninstall / backup packages, and provides various options of how to do the tasks.

They are basically functioning as package managers on Linux. The first thing after I complete the installation of Windows, is installing chocolatey and scoop, they just make my life a lot easier
definitely. chocolatey makes installing new apps so much easier on a fresh install. I keep a .bat file with a bunch of commands to just install everything in one go. Granted, i only use it once in a blue moon but hey lol