Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
of ethical hacker or basic steps

Basic Steps of Hacker or Ethical Hacker
Exclamation 
1. Scanning Open Ports , Misconfig in Web App etc etc

2. Checking Vulnerabilities via Vulnerabilities Scanner

3 . Gaining Access Exploiting Vulnerabilities

4. Maintaining Access via FUD Malware

5 . Clearning Tracks / Logs to be Anonymous.

The most Important thing is to Be Anonymous in all these Activities which itself is a crime according to Cyber Laws.
How to be Anonymous :

Pre Activitity before trying all of them is to change mac address / Identity of Network Interface Card first then apply any VPN or Proxy with socks5 .
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to MaskedUser for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4, Cerberus, Cutletz, pnefyp, PriSim
I would include some knowledge of hexadecimal values. It's a fundamental necessity in my opinion and where I would start, since your intercepting data you need to understand data.

You could start from 0-9: 0 = hex 30; 1 = hex 31, 2 = hex 32, and so forth.
Chars range from:a = 61; A = 41; b = 62; B = 42.
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to ntdll for this post:
  • Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4, Cerberus, MaskedUser, PriSim, Skunk1966
Great and straight forward guide for beginners.

(11-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Disk2019 Wrote: The most Important thing is to Be Anonymous in all these Activities which itself is a crime according to Cyber Laws.
How to be Anonymous :

I'm curious as to this though, can you elaborate?
Is it a crime according to Cyber Laws to use a VPN/Proxy and be anonymous, or do you mean while doing the things pointed out in your guide?

Best Regards
- Cut 58
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cutletz for this post:
  • MaskedUser, PriSim
it isnt a crime to use vpn / proxy to be safe & secure in this online virtual world but to commit those activities using vpn/proxy or without using itself is a crime . Exactly from 3rd point itself . point 1st & 2nd relates to penetration testing or we may say ethical hacking . there a difference between ethical hacking & hacking itself if you go legal .
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MaskedUser for this post:
  • Cutletz, PriSim
A VPN or proxy is just security by obscurity. Hacking itself is not a crime unless it's for purposes that breach trust or law and neither is using a means to try mask your identity. There is a lot to follow if you want to stay anonymous and a VPN in itself is still a weak method if you have a strong digital footprint. A nicely set up browser with ad blocking, tracker blocking and you'll be identified via that, canvas exploits, etc. Where there are methods to hide there are methods to find those that are cloaked.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ntdll for this post:
  • MaskedUser, PriSim
hmm great going @ntdll . keep it up .
Pl flash some light on HIDS NIDS / HIPS NIPS too from your knowledge if you can .
(05-01-2020, 03:50 AM)ntdll Wrote: Hacking itself is not a crime unless it's for purposes that breach trust or law

This is not exactly true. The DMCA (ugly piece of crap that it is) made it illegal to decrypt or even disassemble something that you're not authorized to. So in the U.S., it is actually illegal to reverse engineer something. Not that anyone has been tried for it, but it does remain illegal. It's even illegal to use technology for anything not allowed in their terms of service.

And it is illegal to download any copyrighted material. Again, no one has been tried for it, but it remains illegal.

And sorry to say, in the U.S., there is no such thing as "ethical" hacking. Gaining entry to a website that you are not authorized to access is illegal, whether you do it for ethical reasons or not. If the company ASKS you to do penetration testing, that's ok. But if they don't ask you, it's illegal.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • MaskedUser
Nice Tanman Great going . keep it up Pl 1
(05-01-2020, 07:39 PM)TanMan Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 03:50 AM)ntdll Wrote: Hacking itself is not a crime unless it's for purposes that breach trust or law

This is not exactly true. The DMCA (ugly piece of crap that it is) made it illegal to decrypt or even disassemble something that you're not authorized to. So in the U.S., it is actually illegal to reverse engineer something. Not that anyone has been tried for it, but it does remain illegal. It's even illegal to use technology for anything not allowed in their terms of service.

And it is illegal to download any copyrighted material. Again, no one has been tried for it, but it remains illegal.

And sorry to say, in the U.S., there is no such thing as "ethical" hacking. Gaining entry to a website that you are not authorized to access is illegal, whether you do it for ethical reasons or not. If the company ASKS you to do penetration testing, that's ok. But if they don't ask you, it's illegal.

Please reread your quote of me "Hacking itself is not a crime unless it's for purposes that breach trust or law"

I don't live in the US so that does not apply to me. Yes you're right, but I cannot comment on everyone's boundaries respectfully. Where I live you can reverse engineer and hack what you want within reason, and if something is a grey area people hush about it and protect their backs.

If one would reverse engineer an unsigned IoT camera firmware, backdoor it and return it to Amazon then that's obviously a piss-take. But reverse engineering that same camera in your home for whatever reason you decide is not frowned upon or illegal. Also yes, that would remain illegal here too, pen-testing someones website without their prior knowledge is also never a good idea anyway. What you buy here is yours, take for example the Xbox hardware, FWIR it is leased to a user in the US, whereas the courts here ruled it's not leased and owned; however that does not mean MS cannot ban your hardware or account as they'd be well within their right.

@MaskedUser - Unfortunately intrusion detection systems is not something I can talk about. However someone else here may have relevant knowledge.

Feel free to add to the debate.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ntdll for this post:
  • PriSim, TanMan
@ntdll, I figured you were in another, more sane country. When they made ANY reverse engineering illegal with the DMCA, there was a little outcry, but not nearly enough. And 22 years later, it's still the law of the land here in the U.S. I'd call it insane, but really, it's just corrupt.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • ntdll, PriSim