Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
audiobooks music v2 amazon premium audible 2 openaudible

OpenAudible v2.2 Premium
From their website:
OpenAudible is a cross-platform audiobook manager designer for Audible users. Manage all your audio books with our easy-to-use desktop application.

OpenAudible is a user-friendly program that enables you to download, view, manage and connect your favorite books to MP3 so that you can enjoy them across all your devices.

[Image: wNHnxiI.png]

My summary:
OpenAudible is a formerly open-source downloader, library manager and converter for Amazon Audible's Audiobooks, and is able to download the proprietary AAX format and convert it to more usable formats like MP3 (etc.). I believe its most useful feature to be the download function, as the official Audible clients are pretty bad; however, for conversion to MP3, it's better to use Inaudible. I had bad experiences last time I used adiamus' AAXAudioConverter (the other alternative to converting AAX files) - complicated to activate (dev said to use Win10, no way to manually input Audible decryption key), generates corrupt files.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux (it's a Java program)

Which version do I use?
Use the latest version possible. Older versions are kinda broken, due to Audible API changes; v2.2 (July 2020) is the last cracked version; v3.0.1 (May 2021) is the latest.

OpenAudible was open source and free to use, but the developers decided their time was worth money, and "stole" code (see Readme.md linked below) and went commercial around July 2020. It is now a "non-100%-free-source commercial product" according to inAudible; the OpenAudible team themselves say they are "closed source" after v1.1.8 (but source code is still released with every version?!).

As it is a Java program, I tried "porting" the medicine from v2.2 to v3.0.1 by diffing the extracted JAR files, and copying over the modified files from v2.2 JAR to v3.0.1 JAR, similar to how you can do with Raccoon (see post linked below), but it didn't work, despite the overall layout and filenames being the same. Maybe someone else will have better luck than I. I've mirrored the stuff below.

Sources:
Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

Homepages:
Code:
You have No permissions

Download:
Code:
You have No permissions

Medicine:
Credit: BaDshaH, 25 July 2020The contents of this section are hidden
Code:
You have No permissions

My mirror of the medicine:
Code:
You have No permissions

Alternative Converters:

Want to convert Audible AAX files to MP3? OpenAudible isn't the best tool for the job; its strength is downloading. Inaudible is the best - less fussy, closed source pirate's tool (provided you have downloaded AAX files). AaxAudioConverter may also work, but it required Win10 and the Audible app from the M$ app store to work last time I tried, but it is FOSS software unlike Inaudible.
Code:
You have No permissions