Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
6 definition hda alanfox2000 whql 8821 latest realtek high audio 1 8791 by driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Latest WHQL
Wink 
(06-03-2020, 04:44 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
then you must have installed a UAD driver and NOT an HDA driver! (or somehow you let your guard down by letting Win10 automatically download & install a UAD driver on your machine w/out your input)
whenever you try to install an HDA driver, disconnect from the internet first before attempting to install an HDA driver and reboot afterwards!

UI installing from MS store means you got Realtek Audio Console uwp app which REQUIRES A UAD DRIVER! 14
I do not have this problem at all because I make sure Win10 does not install any driver updates!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • Skunk1966
(06-04-2020, 08:11 AM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
After some experience with hda, uad and nahimic drivers trials , i came to know that windows will forcely install realtek driver if we won't switch off drivers installations. In Realtek thread at mdl somebody told me to switch off driver updates in control panel and hide unwanted m$ driver updates with a tool and then install 3rd party driver. I did that. I completely switched off updates with admin login and created policy also to stop updates totally. I am fine from 2 months now.

Not just audio drivers, even m$ update my AMD Vega 11 driver but it wont give any UI to change options in it. But AMD driver gives dozens of options like virtual super resolution, Anti lag, Game Boost, image sharpening, AMD Freesync,  GPU scaling which allows old games to play in full screen 1920 x 1080 etc.

Don't understand why M$ undermine the features of OEM Vendors drivers.
I did not expect this but it's long overdue for ASUS & MSI users using old Sonic Studio 2.x / Nahimic 2.x apps and using FF03 HDA drivers who haven't gotten an updated FF03 driver since 8816:

v6.0.8967.1 FF03 HDA "generic" from Nahimic support (recently released) - WHQL for both Win7 & Win10
Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

I'm gonna update to 8967 FF03 HDA, even though I normally don't use FF03 drivers.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • chillgates, Manchita
Coded the link in above reply
(06-18-2020, 03:34 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
I did same mistake again. I tried to install this FF03 driver 6.0.8967.1 on previous FF04 driver 6.0.8934.1 you updated before. The result - i didn't get tray icon after reboot because win10 overwriting its old realtek driver version though i opted for not to install drivers through group policy. I executed realtek app from control panel. i used DDU to uninstall the driver, used driver store explorer to remove driver archives for realtek , stopped win updates in group policy and installed this new setup again and then everything is good after reboot. I observed great change in the sound quality of new driver. Instruments used to sound little dry in previous version has been corrected.
generic 6.0.8940.1 HDA FF00 X64 driver on MS Update (posted 7/27/2020)
147.3mb size download - WHQL for Win10 x64 only, non-WHQL (aka. unsigned) for any Windows version below Win10 (ex. Win7, 8.1, etc.):

Code:
You have No permissions

took M$ long enough to release this - better late than never

note - 8967 HDA still only available in FF03 edition; no FF00 version of 8967 HDA is available...yet
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • Manchita, Skunk1966
better stay win 8967 ff03. dont like m$ updates. 8967 is best release ever. i deleted all old drivers in my storage and kept this.
(07-28-2020, 11:02 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
@chillgates: well a few people like this guy seem to get slightly better (and a little louder) audio with 8940 FF00 than with 8967 FF03 as he told me myself:
Code:
You have No permissions
but your mileage may vary (ymmv)

and MS has just recently posted 8963 FF01 on MUC 7/29 which the cab download is 149.5mb in size
Code:
You have No permissions

maybe I'll make a setup.exe installer package for 8963 HDA FF01 when I get a chance sometime in August

-edit 7/30 - oh and someone else made a generic 8940 FF00 X64 HDA package with a setup installer:
Code:
You have No permissions
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • chillgates
(07-30-2020, 07:11 AM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Yes i agree that volume is a bit low in 8967 version. I thought that volume decreased in order to reduce noise and increase quality. I try the new version 8940 and tell you my opinion.

Update : 8940 has increased volume. you are right.

8963 cab from micro$oft also increased volume in their version. Sounding much better than 3rd party drivers.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to chillgates for this post:
  • Skunk1966
I don't know what Realtek did with the 8963 FF01 (and possibly other FFxx versions) and 8967 FF03 HDA (and other 8967 FFxx) versions but the 8963 & 8967 HDA versions give me the classic Realtek HD Audio Manager app (RAVCpl64.exe) on my Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 motherboard instead of the "darker" version of the Realtek HD Audio Manager app (RtkNGUI64.exe) with the Gigabyte logo on it

any driver version before 8963 installed on my Gigabyte board gives me this version of the Realtek HD Audio Manager app

8963 & newer versions seem to load RAVCpl64.exe at startup instead of RtkNGUI64.exe for Gigabyte systems [I checked Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) on the Details tab to see what files are loaded].

I kinda get the same corresponding behavior when using UAD drivers on my Gigabyte board - 8963 UAD & greater give me the plain Realtek Audio Console uwp app without the "dark theme" & minus the Gigabyte logo.  8960 UAD & older give me the Gigabyte version of Realtek Audio Console.