Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
6 definition hda alanfox2000 whql 8821 latest realtek high audio 1 8791 by driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Latest WHQL
(10-06-2020, 11:34 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

oh boy I never thought at that time there would be HDA FFxx editions of the 6.0.9031.1 & 6.0.9034.1 driver versions but I managed to find them several days ago.  while the 9031 & 9034 versions were only in UAD format back then, the HDA FF00 editions were released months later in 2021 to lesser known ODMs/OEMs like this 9034 FF00 driver package from this manufacturer:

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

and yes there was a 9031 FF00 driver though that one was a beta (non-whql) version [and I will not mention it here, PM me for a link to that] while 9034 FF00 was WHQL  both 9031 & 9034 HDA FF00 versions have also brought back the Realtek HD Audio Manager w/ a Gigabyte branding on it (see attached pic below)

while the HDA drivers from 8963 to 9030 only produced a normal Realtek HD Audio Manager app w/out the Gigabyte brand

and there were also other older generic FF00 versions like 9066 & 9107 that were made available sometime in 2021 (again, PM me for links to those)

also here's another manufacturer who also has the 9205 HDA FF00 driver version - Jetway (who used to make consumer motherboards a few decades ago but only makes industrial grade boards & PCs lately)

Code:
You have No permissions
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • chillgates
I am happy with Supermicro HDA 9205 version and not testing other drivers from now. I believe newer versions cannot beat this quality.
(10-26-2021, 10:55 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
a neat way of disabling automatic driver updates - see this Ten forums thread/post (I like this method the best because group policy methods alone aren't good enough):

Code:
You have No permissions

btw, I still use 9205 HDA FF00 driver from Jetway (not from Supermicro) on some of my PCs as they run either Win7 or Win8.1
  • Manchita
(12-07-2021, 05:28 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
I install 10 by switching off internet. By default setup will automatically install some drivers. So before connecting net, I disable all updates as admin in group policies.

Then I install AMD chipset, VGA and Audio drivers. Then I switch on internet.

The guy wrote that method was facing same problem as me. M$ try to interrupt realtek hda driver installation if we are connected to internet and updates are on. They should correct their dumb method of driver installation blindly replacing the new hda version that is chosen by us.

If I give chance to m$ to install its latest UAD driver, then automatic realtek console installation never finish. It hangs in middle. Even I tried offline installation realtek console. It ended in error saying that I am missing some required system files. Remember that this happened on a fresh 10 installation and I didn't change any setting in the OS.

My board is Asus B350 prime with onboard Vega graphics and Realtek 887 audio chip.
(11-17-2021, 11:05 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

and I think SM-003 is also a member of MDL forums as well and I asked him to contact you about 9205 (and whether or not 9205 is better than 9183)
(12-28-2021, 11:29 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Sound quality also depends on 2 other things. 1) Speakers we use 2) The equalizer we set for sound driver.

The living room shape and size also plays some role on sound quality. Depending on all of these our perception change to particular sound driver version.
ultimately SM-003 went with the 9205 version as he became dissatisfied of the sound quality with the 9235 version

don't know what the biostar techies were thinking when they released 9235 ff00 for their z690 motherboards (maybe 9235 works okay for those but certainly 9235 produced different results when used for other boards with different chipsets)

edit 1/25/2022 - speaking of 9205, BCM also got that version as well in late 2021

Code:
You have No permissions
(12-28-2021, 11:35 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissionsHaven't you accidentally confused sound quality and acoustics?
I decided to try out this 9232 FF00 HDA driver on a few systems, including those that run Win7 or Win8.1, even though 9232 is signed by Realtek and not by MS (so it's non-whql)

Code:
You have No permissions

found that one inside a big 1.5Gb multi-driver pack from a lesser known oem

so far, there haven't been any new HDA FF00 drivers for almost 3 months now since 9235, not even from ASRock.
all ASRock did recently was they released an old version (a 9159 FF00 version) - posted a few days ago

Code:
You have No permissions
  • chillgates
i downloaded 9232 from your recent posts on mdl but i didn't try yet.

edit:

just tried 9232. quality is ok but instruments and voice sounding dry. back 9205.