Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
6 definition hda alanfox2000 whql 8821 latest realtek high audio 1 8791 by driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Latest WHQL
several days late on this but

v6.0.9132.1 HDA FF04 generic x64 driver from MS Update (posted 6/12/2021 - was briefly mentioned in the MS Catalog searches on that Sat Jun. 12 but no longer found in those catalog searches [aka. de-listed or removed] the following days afterwards)

Code:
The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions

while most of my PCs use 9151 FF00, my old HP computer uses 9132 FF04 (w/ Conexant APO)
9151 is fine for now. Lately m$ updates is acting weirdly. It is trying to overwrite my vega graphics driver with its own driver which has no UI of its own. Hate it when it does like that. I had to install Vega latest driver setup again and stop windows updates.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to chillgates for this post:
  • MaskedUser
WU is constantly installing older drivers, especially for AMD and intel cards. What the hell is wrong with those idiots @Micro$oft?
(06-26-2021, 06:14 AM)jvidal Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Switch off internet. Start "driver store explorer" and delete realtek drivers, then use "display driver uninstaller" or DDU in short to uninstall existing realtek driver, restart the system and install your favorite realtek HDA driver and restart system again. Then win updates do not touch your realtek driver.

If you are not bothered about win updates, just use stopupdates10 app to shutup updates permanently.
been a little over 7 full weeks since there was a new HDA driver

a new generic FF00 HDA x64 Realtek audio driver is available a few days ago - this time v6.0.9191.1 HDA from HP, not from ASRock (maybe asrock or another oem will either match the one hp has or exceed it)

Code:
You have No permissions

Code:
You have No permissions

it's release notes only mention Win7 but also works on Win8.x & Win10
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to erp-ster0 for this post:
  • chillgates
(07-12-2021, 12:12 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
Asrock versions always sounded better for me. I tried this new 9191 version and I gave my review at MDL already.
(07-12-2021, 01:28 PM)chillgates Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
yeah I got a chance to read your review at MDL more almost a few weeks ago
if you feel that the 9151 HDA version from ASRock works well for your PC, you probably should stick with it for a while as you may not find a newer & better version out there

so far ASRock has not released any new HDA drivers for their industrial systems (and not for modern "consumer" systems because many of those systems use UAD drivers) since 9151 which is around late May 2021
and the new 9191 HDA FF00 version from HP was made primarily for an HP 268 Pro G1 mid-tower desktop PC (not really a new machine from HP), which HP claims it supersedes the old 8720 HDA FF00 driver released more than 2 years ago
may need to expect either a drought or a shortage (or maybe a scarcity) of new HDA driver releases since many vendors like HP are only releasing new Realtek UAD drivers for many of their modern systems
(07-28-2021, 03:42 PM)erp-ster0 Wrote: The contents of this section are hidden
You have No permissions
There are many things why i don't want UAD driver. First thing is that in latest updated win10 I install freshly every 3 months, after installing UAD driver, OS was unable to download control panel for it. It get stuck forever while downloading. Second point is that HDA FF00 always gives more punch than UAD. Another point is that I keep my updates off in Group policy so win10 won't annoy me. I love HDA control panel than UAD.
Guess many people using HDA has these common points to use it.
Realtek HDA FF00 6.0.9183.1 WHQL by Super micro (signed by m1cr0$oft) posted by erp-ster0

Code:
You have No permissions

or

Code:
You have No permissions

This version really sounded great @erp-ster0 69
the only reason Supermicro got the 9183 FF00 driver is because they were made aware of the Realtek HD audio driver security problem earlier in July 2021 and that they needed to obtain a new version from Realtek to resolve that problem, which they recently did.

edit - too bad ASRock did not get that version (or any other version greater than 9151).  oh well their loss, hah!
maybe they'll get something in the 9200s later this year, hopefully