Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
a windows will with advanced possible esu 7 be updates patch security

Windows 7 - Advanced Security Updates (ESU) will be possible with a patch
(05-04-2021, 01:51 PM)nodnar Wrote: there is a very good reason to stick to w7, and not touch w 10 with a pole; the m$ maffia left no stone unturned to force 10 down our
throats; including their damned telemetry, and if i look over my shoulder it was the same story with vista [ a dud with no drivers,] vs xp..a couple of
billion people stuck to xp,[ a lot better, and you could find the drivers you needed,] in india and in china just because vista cost a bunch of
money that they could not cough up. very amusing to see the m$ mafia thwarted in that way. but the m$ maffia did not sit on its hands;
they made 10 `free`; to prevent that situations`recurrence.so i am `sticking to 7, and i am even thinking about reverting to an old x64
vista, unless i happen to manage to get wifi running in linux mint. [ used that one, it is a viable alternative imho, for a final EOL of windose,
and the associated commercial m$ maffia. so if lyou ike to be a permanent beta tester as a standardised w 10 user, just go ahead.[just my 2 cents,]

Windows 10 is horrible so yeah, unless you are worried about compatibility you should stick with Windows 7. My laptop still has Windows 7 and the whole process of using these two systems is night and day. I have spent half a day after installing Windows 10 on my PC just with debloating it completely and killing all sorts of telemetry. Windows 7 on the other hand is just so easy to get into. You install it and there you go, no (annoying) useless programs. You can really see how Bill left the company after 8.1 because you can just see this horrible business model that the new CEO has.

If you really need Windows 10 then I wholeheartedly recommend the LTSC version of it. Fewer updates, no feature updates, less telemetry. Microsoft while try to stop you at all costs from getting it stating "it's for hospitals". But if you had to develop a new version of your OS because the original one would prevent you from saving lives then is it really a good OS?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 7 - Advanced Security Updates (ESU) will be possible with a patch - by boxesofkittens - 05-07-2021, 08:02 AM