Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
in will can but current you rate the be now more soon lock disney expensive

Disney+ will soon be more expensive, but you can lock in the current rate now
Disney's price hike is par for the course as Netflix implemented a similar increase late last year. The good news is that it's only $1 more per month, and with new content coming online at a steady pace, there's still plenty of value to be had.
Disney in late 2020 said that in March 2021, it would be increasing the price of its Disney+ subscription service. Let this be a friendly reminder that the price hike is now upon us.

Starting March 26, a standard Disney+ subscription will command $7.99 per month or $79.99 for a full year. That’s a $1 monthly increase over the current $6.99 rate and a $10 increase to the existing $69.99 annual fee.

Similarly, the Disney bundle, which includes Disney+, ESPN+ and the ad-supported version of Hulu, will be going from $12.99 per month to $13.99 a month. If you want the bundle with the ad-free version of Hulu, prepare to pay $19.99 a month.

Short of canceling your service, the best course of action is to throw down for an annual membership before the price hike. This will lock in the lower rate for another year. For Disney+, shelling out for a full year up front is equivalent to paying roughly $5.83 per month. If you wait until after the 26th, the math works out to around $6.67 each month for a full year or $7.99 if you go month to month.

Code:
https://www.techspot.com/news/89036-disney-soon-more-expensive-but-you-can-lock.html
D+ is just stretching its luck, I feel the amount of content for the price is not justifiable enough. Netflix will grab its customers in no time, already couple of my relatives moved off D+ (they did not sign up with NF, not yet anyways.)
The total price to subscribe to a bunch of these streaming providers is already reaching at the price of cable tv. Further price increases are just going to dwarf cable. All these streaming services are ridiculous
Piracy!
(04-05-2021, 07:08 PM)ChocoFudge Wrote: The total price to subscribe to a bunch of these streaming providers is already reaching at the price of cable tv. Further price increases are just going to dwarf cable. All these streaming services are ridiculous

Yes, especially now that certain series are moving to Whatever+ streaming only for later seasons meaning you will need both cable tv and all those streaming services.  Is it any wonder that "flying the jolly roger" is getting more and more popular?
fragmented will circle back to privacy
I switched to piracy since Disney+ was announced. Don't regret it since even my Amazon Prime streaming gets bogged down on my 1000 MBps Spectrum connection during peak hours due to Amazon throttling users same as Youtube.
I just have netflix and piracy everything else.
subscribing to all those streaming services is so expensive already
D+ should release it in more countries. Until then living with netflix + pirate life.
They postponed the next price hike to November