Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
Rules have been updated! Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
coronavirus

Coronavirus
behaving just like i always do. doing shopping, not hoarding stuff, walking my doggie.as always. thinking the news is totally unreadable, as always.
and realizing this idiocy is very disruptive for thousands of people who have mouths to feed but no income. and the powers that be do not give a damn.
i guess i am lucky to live in the free west, as they call it. and it will blow over, after the free press has caused enough misery. just my two cents.
My input on the subject since I am recovering from it...
The problem is the media!
Its a virus ppl but what caught the attention was how fast it mutated from animals to humans and then human to human contact then it mutated to being air born now.  It mutates faster then any known virus before.  
So if the virus is mutating this fast how in the h*ll can a vaccine be created if it is mutating so fast that labs cant keep track of it?
It does have the potential of being a very bad virus in the future because of the rate of mutation. 
All it did to me is cause me to cough a lot and chest congestion.  Take Sudafed and Mucinex.  Do not take anything for fever if not over 102.  Heat kills the virus so let you body heat up but it gets over 102 then of course take something for the fever.  You don't want to cook.  lol  Breathe in steam since it also kills the virus in the throat and lungs.  
I have felt worse from the flu to tell the truth.
Don't let the media scare you.  Use common sense.  Obviously if your sick don't go out until the fever and cough passes in order to not expose others to the virus, just like with the flu.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Cerberus for this post:
  • nodnar, PriSim, TanMan
First, I want to say how glad I am you are recovering, @Cerberus. Although this virus is attacking mostly the infirmed (as would be expected), there are some who were otherwise healthy that have gotten it too, and a few have died from it. I live in central NJ and that's what's happening here.

You said "...how fast it mutated from animals to humans and then human to human contact then it mutated to being air born now.  It mutates faster then any known virus before." I've not seen any scientific evidence to back this up. The governments are spinning this as having crossed species, but I'm not aware of any real scientific paper that has proved a virus migrating species ever. The only way a virus has crossed species is with human intervention.

And as far I know, COVID-19 is not airborne. It's carried in mucous droplets, and these droplets are ejected when you sneeze or cough. Thes droplets carry only about 3 or 4 feet, so the 6 foot social distancing we're supposed to be following should protect you. So no, it's mutating any faster than any other coronavirus.

Getting back to the human intervention aspect, the governments are spinning this as having evolved naturally. They've said that it originated in a live animal market in Wuhan, China, naturally. What they don't say is that this animal market is next to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which is one of only two bioweapons research labs in all of China:
Code:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab-2020-02-22

What they also don't tell you is that we've been using genetic engineering on viruses, including the coronavirus, since before 2009. This article, from 2009, talks about the state of genetic engineering at the time, how they use the coronavirus, and how they've used genetic engineering to migrate a virus across species:

Code:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2819212/
My respect to everyone dealing with this and I hope everyone pulls through the other side.
Lockdowns are being extended again in multiple countries.
NJ has a statewide sign-up for getting the COVID vaccine. My county in NJ (Monmouth) also has a seperate site for signing up for the vaccine. The problem is that there are so many more people signing up than they have vaccines for, that people who are healthy and not over 65 (like me, I'm 62) won't be getting the vaccine for many months.

The good news (for me) is that my local hospital is also giving the vaccine, and since my wife is a nurse there, she was able to get me on the list. I got my first dose 2 days ago, and my second dose is scheduled in three weeks, on 2/16. FYI, I felt a little tired and achy yesterday, but no issues today.

My wife is doing COVID testing on Saturdays at her hospital, so being a front line worker, she was at the head of the line to get vaccinated. She's already had her second vaccine dose.

Finally, my idiot younger brother (60) and his wife (58) tested positive a couple of days ago. They were still going to the gym, and he thinks that's where they got it. He has two teenage daughters, and the younger daughter (she's got behavior problems) tested positive yesterday. They're keeping mostly isolated (he says) and they don't have any serious symptoms so far. He's a smoker, so he's at higher risk, but so far they seem to be doing ok.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TanMan for this post:
  • Skunk1966
Once things started to get out of hand, even right back at the start of all this when it became apparant things were going to get bad, travel between countries should have been stopped completely for a period of time including so called business travel as no real need for that these days with technology the way it iis - virtually all business meetings and anything else can be handled over the internet.

Even now many countries are still allowing some travel despite new variations found to be spreading all the time - all iit takes is another mutation and potentially it all starts again, and there may come a point after lots of mutations where any vaccine proves to be mostly in-effective.

Many of the vaccines are claimed to be between %60-90 or so effective at best - which only promises to help stop an individual getting ill but does nothing to stop them spreading it - and those 4 in 10 or 1 in 10 people that vaccinations do not help is a huge problem.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to luxodude for this post:
  • Skunk1966
My country is probably the worse in terms of COVID-19 infections/k pop. The current mental state for people who are complying with the lockdown is somewhat sad. There's nothing you can do besides sit around all day, and no one is really meeting with anyone in real life. Personally, I can't wait for the lockdown to end and get back with my friends, but even then, because the number of infections is still not that great, there's still a big risk we'll infect each other.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Phaellow for this post:
  • Skunk1966
As an 'Old Dog' (clinically at risk) here in the UK I have just be inoculated (1st dose) with the AstraZeneca (Oxford) vaccine and hopefully my wife, who is in the next age group to be done should get hers in the next week or so and then once we are suitably protected we can see our grand-children again, as it has been really tough on everyone in the family staying apart for so long.

Overall the past 11 months have been extremely worrying and I have personally lost a few close friends to it, admittedly they were (like me) somewhat advanced in years with underlying health problems, but prior to Covid were fully active both physically and mentally.

Look after yourselves.

57 57 57 57
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Old_Dog for this post:
  • Skunk1966
Why is the UK not following guidelines, but only doing 2nd injection after 12 weeks instead of 3 or 4?